As a new blogger “inspiring writer, poet”, I am honored to receive this nomination for “The Liebster Award” from http://svdeaner.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/smiles-all-around-liebster-award-nomination. Sarah’s writing is encouraging, insightful and poetic. From her personal story of her healthy lifestyle to her poetry. Thank you for reaching out to fellow writers who love what they do!
“The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. Provide 11 facts about yourself , Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you, Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
11 facts about myself:
- I have a complete love for animals. If I could adopt more I would. The unconditional love you receive from an animal is amazing. I have a tendency of saving animals from a baby bat to a baby squirrel.
- I learned HAM radio (Amateur Radio operator) as a child. Yes, I know this one is a different from your average child hobby but I was able to talk to astronauts in space when I was in elementary school.
- I have been writing and producing art since I can remember. I have spiral books of poetry, stories and art work I did as a child. I love reflecting back to those emotions and experiences.
- Growing up two brothers was the best experience as I was involved with a balance of feminist and male driven activities. Such as fishing, videogames, target practice, ballet, playing music. I was able to become well rounded because of this.
5. My brother and I had a band growing up, just him and I. We use to do open mic night at Barnes and Noble. I eventually ventured into a girl band with my two best friends in high school singing and playing the violin. Good times…
- I live where I grew up. Growing up in a town where you grow up and as an adult, it’s interesting as when I state this fact the individual usually says “Really? I don’t meet many people born and raised here”.
- I have been fortunate enough to travel the world with my family. I have lived in Portugal and Spain. Traveled to South American, traveled all over the U.S., taken road trips from Florida to California and Florida to Wisconsin. Been all over the Bahamas and even Canada. I was raised to be well versed in culture and I know one day I will be able to teach and show my children cultures so they can see the world we live in.
- I love condiments. Yes, I said it. I love condiments…..
- I can understand and speak Spanish.
10.My celebrity crush is Jared Leto, from his music to his acting I have always have had a crush on him. Ever watched “My so called life”? Jordan Catalano…..
11. My mother is my idol and the person I look up to the most. She is amazing and I am blessed to have a mother like her in my life.
Thank you again Sarah http://svdeaner.wordpress.com/ for nominating me and recognizing my writing and to the support of all of WordPress followers! Thank you again for this recognition!!!!
Questions from Sarah:
- Who is your favorite author?
I have several authors I absolutely love but one of my all-time favorites is Walt Whitman. He always spoke the truth in my perception. “Whatever satisfies the soul is truth.”-Walt Whitman
2. Are you a dog or a cat person?
I love dogs and cats but to answer this question I am a dog person. I love my dog, he is a little person with a beautiful soul and so much love he gives. Animals are so pure in heart it so hard to deny a soul that all they want is love.
- If you could have one movie on a desert island, what would it be?
Ok, so of all the movies I would want to see on a desert island I have narrowed down to a comedy as being on a deserted island I would want to laugh and smile regardless of the situation. This one is a hard question but I would bring “Step Brothers” “It’s the Catalina Wine Mixer”….
- Where would your dream vacation be?
My dream vacation would be to go to Italy. To immerse in the culture, the beautiful landscaping, the amour of the people. To see the art museums, the Vatican and the coast of Italy. Of course there are many places I would love to venture to but Italy would be one of my top picks.
- If you could write for any magazine in the world, which would you choose?
It would be an honor to write for the New Yorker.
- Someone hands you $1,000. What would you do with it?
If someone handed me a $1,000, I would give $500 to my mother and take her out to dinner and the other $400 I would put in savings. I know doesn’t sound so lustrous but it’s what I would do.
- What comes to mind when you think of homeless people?
Honestly, sadness comes to mind with the homeless. A majority of homeless are mentally ill and it breaks my heart.
- If you could go back in time and meet anyone, who would you want to meet and why?
I would go back and meet Jane Austin. Her writing as a female writer in a time where men were so dominant astounds me and her work itself is amazing. I absolutely love her.
- What is your favorite past time?
I am very fortunate to live near the beach. My favorite past time is to read outside in the beautiful beach air and take in all that surrounds me. The energy from the beach is the most amazing feeling to feel.
10. What kind of music do you love?
I do love so many types of music but what inspires me the most is classical. My great aunt when I use to visit her when I was younger would play classical every night before I went to bed. To this day as a stress reliever and as I do any writings or work I listen to classical.
11. If you could be really incredibly amazing at just one thing, what would you choose?
I would really like to be incredibly amazing in writing. I am still developing skills but I love to write and express my thoughts and feelings and I want to be incredibly amazing at it.
My nominations are:
Questions for the nominees:
- If you were to go back in time and do something you never did what would it be?
- Why do you choose to write?
3. What is your biggest inspiration?
4. What is your pet peeve?
5. If you were to be any character of a book or movie who would you be?
6. What is your best quality?
7. Do you ever get writers block and what do you do to overcome it?
8. How has your writing affected your relationships?
9. What is your biggest accomplishment?
10. What is your favorite movie?
11. If you could be anyone for a day who would it be and why?
Instructions for the Nominees:
1) Post a short Q&A about themselves
2) Answer the questions the tagger has asked
3) Create a new list of questions for their own nominees
4) Choose a list of their own nominees and notify them
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award who have less than 200 followers.
5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Thank you Lorraine Reguly for blogging the Official rules.